The Hohner Double Bass 58 Orchestral harmonica is a bass with a wow-effect. As well as rhythmic accompaniment, every harmonica ensemble needs a suitable bass. With this 2-voice instrument each channel contains two reeds, tuned exactly one octave apart, giving an extremely fat sound. The lower of each pair of octave-tuned reeds is located on the inner rows of the instrument, ensuring that high and low ranges are equidistant from one another and thus enabling balanced micro-phoning. For the first time, the mouthpiece of the Bass 58 and Bass 78 models has been integrated into the body, making them remarkably airtight and ensuring matchless response and volume.
This Hohner Double Bass 58 is a top of the line model and was developed in close cooperation with leading international players to create a high end professional instrument, combining unprecedented performance and ease of playability with the finest Hohner quality – a milestone in Hohner‘s legendary series of orchestral harmonicas.
- Optimised channel openings ensure great response even at low volume.
- Mouthpiece integrated into comb construction for maximum air tightness and volume.
- Complete stability in all climate zones thanks to modern acrylic glass body.
- Also known as the Hohner M965 Double Bass 29/58 / Hohner Bass 58
- Entirely assembled with screws for easy maintenance.
- Bass 58 Tonal Range: E1-E3 (1E-e)
- Comb: Acrylic glass, transparent, colourless
- Number of hole: 29
- Reeds: 58 Brass
- Reed Plates: 2.0mm brass
- Read Plate Surface: brass
- Cover Surface: Chrome
- Mouthpiece Surface: Acrylic glass
- Length: 21.3 cm
- Case/Packaging: Zip Case
- Included Accessories: Black straps