The Seydel Session Steel harmonic minor tuning harmonica is the upgrade to Seydel's successful Session model, and it comes presented with a bold new look and superior technical reliability, excellent playability and a fantastic sound. This is a blues harmonica with corrosion-free stainless steel reeds, ergonomic covers and plastic comb.
Seydel's stainless steel reeds provide a bright and powerful sound, and also allow easy bending of notes. Their main advantage, though, is durability - some players have found that the lifespan of these reeds can be up to 5 times that of harps with traditional brass reeds. This is particularly relevant if you're a powerful player who likes to perform frequent overblows.
As with all Seydels, air tightness is high, and the cover plate design ensures that the Seydel Session Steel Harmonic Minor harmonica is friendly to both lips and beards (not something you can say about all harmonicas!). Build quality is also exceptionally high - a legacy both of Seydel's long history and its investment in new technology in the last decade or so.
This is the harmonic minor tuned Session Steel, however you can also get it in Paddy Richter, PowerDraw, PowerBender, Melodic Maker, Circular/Melody King, Country and Natural Minor. If you would like any of the other tunings please contact us. We also offer custom tuning such as equal temperament on special order.
- Ergonomic cover plates made of stainless steel, completely rounded at the mouthpiece
- ABS comb with recessed German Silver reed plates
- Rivets and screws made of stainless steel
- Lips and beard-friendly design
- Minimal air consumption achieved by fine-cut reed plates, optimised flatness and extremely
- Small tolerances between reed and reed plate
- Stainless steel reeds provide the best clear and full sound and response of the 1847 models
- Up to 5 times longer playing life compared to models with brass reeds
- Comes with a genuine leather pouch
- Tuning: harmonic minor
- Keys: G to F