The Seydel Session Steel PowerBender harmonica is the upgrade to Seydel's successful Session model, and it comes presented with a bold new look and superior technical reliability, excellent playability and a fantastic sound. This is a blues harmonica with corrosion-free stainless steel reeds, ergonomic covers and plastic comb.
This is the PowerBender tuned Session Steel, however you can also get it in Paddy Richter, PowerDraw, Melodic Maker, Circular/Melody King, Country, Natural Minor and Harmonic Minor. If you would like any of the other tunings please contact us. We also offer custom tuning such as equal temperament on special order.
The PowerBender tuning builds on the best parts of the traditional Richter Tuning, while altering the scale to make the real juicy and important notes much easier to obtain throughout the whole three octave range.
- Same familiar breathing pattern in the upper-middle registers. All draw notes bend everywhere, holes 1-10!
- On the un-valved version you can overblow every hole 1-10, for full chromatic playing.
- Overdraws and blow bends are no longer possible or needed on a PowerBender - they are replaced with simple draw bends.
- Top octave easy to play (intuitive) as many familiar phrasings can be adopted from the bottom octaves
- Easy to play in the common positions: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 11th, and 12th
Like all Session Steels, the PowerBender model features:
- Ergonomic cover plates made of stainless steel, completely rounded at the mouthpiece
- ABS comb with recessed German Silver reed plates
- Rivets and screws made of stainless steel
- Lips and beard-friendly design
- Minimal air consumption achieved by fine-cut reed plates, optimised flatness and extremely small tolerances between reed and reed plate
- Stainless steel reeds provide the best clear and full sound and response of the 1847 models
- Up to 5 times longer playing life compared to models with brass reeds
- Comes with a genuine leather pouch
- Tuning: PowerBender