The Seydel Session Steel harmonica is the upgrade to Seydel’s successful Session model, and it comes presented with a bold new look and superior technical reliability, excellent playability and a fantastic sound. This is a blues harmonica with corrosion-free stainless steel reeds, ergonomic covers and plastic comb.
This is the Powerdraw tuned Session Steel, however you can also get it in Paddy Richter, PowerBender, Melodic Maker, Circular/Melody King, Country, Natural Minor and Harmonic Minor. If you would like any of the other tunings please contact us. We also offer custom tuning such as equal temperament on special order.
PowerDraw tuning is easy to learn because:
- The bulk of the harp (holes 1-6) stays exactly the same, so there is no need to re-learn anything in that meat and potatoes range you’re so accustomed to.
- The breathing pattern of holes 1-6 (blow reed low, draw reed high in each hole)is retained all the way up to hole 10 on the PowerDraw. This gives the top octave an instant feeling of familiarity to anyone who tries it, because the techniques and riffs that work so well lower down work up there too (click on “Tone Table” above).
- Simplified Technique: There are no blow bends and no overdraws needed in the PowerDraw tuning. Two of the most important ‘blue’ notes in 2nd position (the flat third, which was overblow 6) and the flat fifth (overdraw 7) are now simple draw bends on holes 7 and 8.
- Every draw note bends from hole 6-10, soulful and easy! In un-valved setup every hole overblows, and the upper octave overblows are much easier than the overdraws necessary in Richter tuning.
- PowerDraw works well with the chordal octave-playing approach of tongue blockers. The notes in the top octave are similar to Richter, but the intervals are different. Because the chord splits sound nice and in-key, it is easy to adapt to.
- The PowerDraw works great in other positions too, especially Third (nice useful bends in the top octave), Fifth (good expression in the top end), Second Position Minor (no need to overblow to get the flat 3rd ), Eleventh and Twelfth (great expression in the top octave).
If you feel familiar with playing in holes 1-6 on Richter diatonic already (or you play our BIG SIX model), the PowerDraw is a good choice for you!
- Ergonomic cover plates made of stainless steel, completely rounded at the mouthpiece
- ABS comb with recessed German Silver reed plates
- Rivets and screws made of stainless steel
- Lips and beard-friendly design
- Minimal air consumption achieved by fine-cut reed plates, optimised flatness and extremely small tolerances between reed and reed plate
- Stainless steel reeds provide the best clear and full sound and response of the 1847 models
- Up to 5 times longer playing life compared to models with brass reeds
- Comes with a genuine leather pouch
- Tuning: PowerDraw