The Seydel Symphony ALU Grand Chromatic is a professional chromatic harmonica with uniquely-inspired technical developments that sets new standards in terms of sound, airtightness, playability, and reliability. Modern 16-hole Chromatic Harmonica with a tonal range of four full octaves and stainless steel reeds
The high-quality, contemporary ergonomic design guarantees longevity and maximum playing comfort, leaving nothing to be desired.
The Seydel SYMPHONY ALU Grand Chromatic comes with aluminium body and trapezoidal-shaped mouthpiece. It will be shipped with a newly developed heatable case and accessories.
- Modern 16-hole Chromatic Harmonica with a tonal range of four full octaves and stainless steel reeds
- The recessed reedplates (1mm) are precision cut from anti-corrosive German silver. Hand-tuning of the 64 stainless-steel reeds, tight tolerances, and newly developed SEYDEL valves (with less adhesive than conventional valves) create an instrument with precise tone control and a rich sound with a tonal range of four full octaves.
The Seydel Symphony ALU Chromatic has a black anodised aluminium comb and is CNC-milled and perfectly balanced.The recessed reed plates are mounted with stainless steel screws and screwed on individually.
- Solid, die-cast, coated aluminium coverplates are screwed on individually providing a design that is widely-opened at the back for a balanced feel and dynamic, full, warm sound projection in all four octaves.
- The precisely-fit, stable slider, made from 1mm German Silver, has an ergonomically convex-shaped, silver coated slider button with soft surface for the finger. Each slider is individually lapped together with the mouthpiece and works therefore very silently and is extremely airtight.
- It can be serviced very easy by unscrewing only one single screw on the back of the comb and pulling the slider out for easy cleaning.
- The comb accommodates the provided carrying strap, made from genuine leather and with a SEYDEL embossing, to securely harness the instrument. It can be attached either on the right or the left side of the Seydel SYMPHONY Grand Chromatic.
- The Seydel Symphony ALU Grand Chromatic has a trapezoidal-shaped mouthpiece which is silver-coated and screwed on from the backside of the comb to provide optimal playing comfort with no screw heads on the outer surface of the mouthpiece for better haptic properties.
- The Seydel Symphony ALU Grand Chromatic offers an inimitable sound and a tonal range of four full octaves (C3-C7) and is suitable for many musical genres ranging from classical music to jazz.
- Each SYMPHONY Grand Chromatic is shipped in a stable, heatable case that can be locked. The instrument can be kept and carried safely in it and is at “playing temperature” always at the right moment.
- The unique heatable case delivers the right playing temperature making it less susceptible to condensation on the inside of the instrument – humidity can evaporate faster. As accessories the heatable case comes with a USB-adaptor for your car-plug, a multi-power-plug-adaptor for all international power-ports and a USB-cable to connect with a computer.
Within about 20 minutes your instrument will be warmed-up to body-temperature (in the closed case). The warm-up time depends on the ambient temperature. This is achieved by an electric ‘Thermopad’, that is driven by 5 Volt/2.1A. The pad is connected through a Micro-USB-plug on the outside of the case. With the standard Micro-USB-cable, delivered with the case, it can be used with each USB-port that delivers minimum 2.1A.